Speech recognition and natural language processing technologies improved rapidly in terms of accuracy and cost efficiency. Now it is more practical than ever to enhance your telephony services with speech analytics. Voxbone’s speech analytics technology partners provide high quality speech recognition and analytics services for a wide variety of applications like transcription, monitoring for sales effectiveness or dealing with sensitive data.
With readily available integrations built right into the network, Voxbone’s speech recognition optimised cloud recorder lets you easily add speech analytics to Voxbone’s trusted DID services.
For users looking for the easiest way to record, they can use a Voxbone DID. But we recognise Voxbone may be one of many providers to our customers. In our mission to make speech analytics strangely simple but also provide 100% call coverage even if Voxbone is not handling the call. To that end, we introduced SIPREC support last year so that we can handle any call, even if it does not normally traverse Voxbone. Check our blog article to learn more about how it works.
In order to see speech analytics features and configuration options, you first need to activate the feature under your account on our Customer Portal
To activate the service, log in to our customer portal and “Activate” Speech Analytics feature on your service overview.
Sending Media to Voxbone
- RTP should be permitted within the following port ranges: 10000 to 20000.
Please contact us if you need any assistance.
Enable Analytics on Voxbone DIDs
After you make sure you’ve tested sending media to our analytics platform, enabling recording and speech analytics on a Voxbone DID is as simple as checking a feature or picking codecs.
Enabling recording and speech analytics on a Voxbone DID will start sending media to our analytics platform immediately. The call will then be forwarded to your VoIP platform with the originally configured Voice URI destination.
Step 1 : Go to DID configuration page on our customer portal
Step 2 : Search and pick the DID you want to enable recording and speech analytics on
Step 3 : Configure language, recording options and speech analytics features on the “Speech” tab. Recording must be enabled in order to get transcripts and analytics data. You can reuse previously created configuration profiles, or create a brand new one for it.
Step 4 : Apply configuration! As soon as the configurations are applied, you will start seeing new calls coming in on the “Speech Analytics History” page
Review and Export Results
Once Speech Analytics is enabled on a Voxbone DID, or you started sending media via SIPREC, you will be able to review them on our Speech Analytics History page. On this page, you can;
- Review basic CDR data of calls with speech analytics
- Listen to and/or download recorded files of a caller-only, callee-only or the mixed stereo channel file
- Review speech-to-text output of the call in conversational format
- See sentiment score per sentence and sentiment trend throughout the call
- See talk time analysis and overtalk incidents where a participant interrupted the other
- Perform keyword or phrase search and filter calls by advanced speech analytics data such as sentiment score or talk time
- Export all or filtered speech analytics data into a CSV file to use with any Business Intelligence tool to easily build dashboards such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- Download JSON response from our API to get started on working with speech analytics data in your own apps.
- Export an equivalent cURL or relevant API request body
Integrate Analytics data into your platforms
You can also perform search, filtering and data export via using our analytics API and build your own dashboards, or integrate speech analytics data into your own platforms or business processes.
Check out our API documentation to see example requests, available endpoints and sample responses.