First we Need to enable WebRTC on your Account in the Voxbone Customer Portal
Important Note: Subaccounts currently do not have access to the services overview page to enable WebRTC on the portal. Please use your account admin user to test these features or send us a message if you need any help.
- Go to the Voxbone portal
- Scroll down and enable WebRTC under Workshop Features (Experimental) to make the WebRTC option available on your account
Setup your keys
Now you need to create some WebRTC credentials that will be used in your application or widget.
- Click on Account -> Account Settings -> WebRTC (or click here)
- Create a WebRTC username – this can be any string, but we recommend reusing your Voxbone portal account name
- Create a WebRTC password and enter it twice – this may exposed publicly if using Basic Auth and SHOULD NOT be the same as your Portal account password
- If you want to limit calls to the widget to be from a specific URL enter that in “Referer” – we do not recommend this for testing.
Enable WebRTC on a DID and test
WebRTC is a service just like DNIS or Ringback that needs to be enabled on your DIDs.
- Go to https://www.voxbone.com/portal/configuration/configure-numbers
- Enter your DID and click “search”
- Click on the “WebRTC” button in the Available Configuration Options menu
- Click “Enabled” in the WebRTC box
- Select all the DIDs you want to enable or “Select All”
- Click “Apply”
Test Using Click-to-Call Widget Generator
- From the DID search screen, click on the wand icon to load the widget generator:
- Use the GUI to configure the widget as needed:
3. Copy the code to your site or use Codepen or JSfiddle to do quick experiments
4. Paste this into your test-site or just use jsfiddle or codepen